Album art not displaying in Sonos
If you are unable to see album art in the Sonos app, but it is visible in iTunes or other applications, the artwork is not embedded into the audio files.
Adding album art using iTunes
– Find and download the missing album art image from the Internet. Save the image as a JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG. Make sure to note where you saved the image on your computer.
– Open iTunes and highlight all of the songs on the album. To do this select the first song, hold the Shift key and then select the last song in the album.
– Right click on one of the selected songs and select Get Info. iTunes will ask if you are sure you want to edit information for multiple items. Select Edit items.
– Select the Artwork tab and click Add Artwork. Browse to the location of the image you’ve saved and click Open. The artwork will embed into the music files and Sonos will be able to display it.
– Update the music index in your Sonos app to apply these changes.
More information on embedding album art with iTunes can be found on Apple’s website.
Album art requirements:
– Artwork embedded into the music files must be in one of the following formats: JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG.
– Maximum resolution for embedded artwork is 1024 x 1024.
– iPhone / iPad / iPod touch support album artwork up to 320kb in size with no resolution limit.
– Album artwork that is placed into the music folder must be in JPG or GIF format and named folder.xxx (e.g., folder.jpg or folder.gif). Each album should be in its own folder and contain a single image file.