Black screen/no signal?
If your TV screen is black or you’re not getting a signal when trying to set up or use your Chromecast device, try the troubleshooting steps below:
– Make sure the Chromecast is plugged using the power cord and power adapter that came with the Chromecast. The Chromecast should be plugged in directly to a wall outlet.
– The LED light on the side of the Chromecast should be lit up.
– Make sure the TV is tuned to the same HDMI input as the Chromecast. On most remotes, this is done using the Input, Source, or Menu button. You may have to cycle through a few inputs before finding the correct one (e.g. HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.).
– If you still see a black screen after completing the above steps, reboot your Chromecast.
– To reboot your Chromecast, unplug the power cord from the Chromecast device. Leave it unplugged for ~1 minute before plugging the power cord back in.
Note: Unplugging the Chromecast from the TV’s HDMI port does not reboot the device. It must be disconnected from the power source in order to reboot.
If your screen is still black after the reboot, choose what best describes what you’re seeing on your TV screen and Chromecast device from the list below:
Try the following:
Trying using the HDMI extender that came with your Chromecast device to improve connection. If you were already using it, try removing the HDMI extender to see if that makes a difference.
If you still see a black screen, try the step below.
If you have another TV with an HDMI display, try setting up the Chromecast on that TV.
Still no luck?
Please drop us a message, and we will get back to you as quickly as we can!