Check that Google Home is on same Wi-Fi network as mobile phone or tablet
To set up Google Home, use voice commands, and adjust Assistant settings, Google Home must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device or tablet.
Check the Wi-Fi network of mobile device or tablet
– Locate and tap Settings Wi-Fi.
– The Wi-Fi network labeled “Connected” is the network you’re connected to. This must match the network that Google Home is connected to.
To change the network:
– Tap a new network enter password Connect.
– If you’ve entered the password for that network before, tap Connect.
iPhone & iPad:
– On the Home screen, tap Settings Wi-Fi. The network with the check mark next to it is the network you’re connected to. This must match the network that Google Home is connected to.
To change the network,
– Tap a new network enter password Join.
– If you’ve entered the password for that network before, it will automatically connect. You’ll see a check mark next to the new network.
Check the Wi-Fi network of Google Home
– Open the Google Home app .
– Within Home , tap the device you want to find the Wi-Fi network for.
– In the top right corner of the device card, tap Settings .
– Under “Device Info,” look for Wi-Fi.
If your mobile phone or tablet Wi-Fi network doesn’t match Google Home’s Wi-Fi network, here’s how to change the Wi-Fi network of Google Home.