How do I manually enter a static IP address for my Orbi router?
When a router is connected to DSL or to a cable modem, the router usually gets an IP address from the Internet service provider (ISP). However, some ISPs require you to manually enter a static IP address to connect to the Internet.
To manually enter a static IP address:
– Launch a web browser from a WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
– Enter orbilogin.com. A login window appears.
– Enter the router user name and password. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
– Select Internet.
– Under Internet IP Address, select Use Static IP Address.
– Complete the IP Address, IP Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP Address fields. Your ISP provides this information.
– Under Domain Name Server (DNS) Address, select Use These DNS Servers.
– Complete the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields. Your ISP provides this information.
– Click Apply.
Your settings are saved.