How do I set up a guest network on my Orbi WiFi System?
Guest networks allow visitors at your home to use the Internet without using your main network name and password.
To set up a guest network:
– Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.
– Type http://orbilogin.com into your web browser’s address bar.
The login window opens.
– Enter the router user name and password.
– The user name is admin and the password is the one you created during initial set up. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
“Select Guest Network.”
The Guest Network Settings page displays.
– Select the Enable Guest Network check box.
– Leave the Enable SSID Broadcast check box selected.
Allowing your Orbi to broadcast its WiFi network name (SSID) makes it easier to find your network and connect to it. By clearing this check box, you create a hidden network.
– To change the network name, type a new name in the Guest Wireless Network Name (SSID) field.
– Select or clear the Allow guests to see each other and access my local network check box.
To protect your privacy, this check box is cleared by default. That means your guests can use your Internet connection but they cannot access computers or devices that are connected to your Orbi network.
– Select a security option.
– If you selected WPA2-PSK[AES] or WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES], enter a password in the Password field.
– Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.