How to add or change your emergency contact with the Nest App
You can get a notification on your phone when one of your Nest products is responding to an emergency. For example:
– Nest Protect is sounding a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm
– Nest Secure is sounding a security alarm
If you’ve set up emergency contacts, you’ll be able to quickly tap a button in the notification to call one of them. That way, you won’t have to look up or remember the number.
How to enter an emergency contact
– On the Nest app home screen, tap Settings .
– Tap Contacts.
– Select Add contact.
– Select Local fire department or Local police department or Other to add an individual, such as your spouse.
– Type in the number for your local fire or police department. If you selected Other, tap From contacts to get a number from your phone’s contacts or tap Create new and follow the instructions in the app.
IMPORTANT: Do not enter 911 (United States), 112 (Europe) or your country’s equivalent 3-digit emergency service number. Use your local police or fire department’s direct phone number, and be sure to include the area code. That way, even if you’re traveling when an emergency notification appears, you’ll still be able to connect directly to the dispatcher where your home is located. Check your local police or fire department’s website to find this information.