How to remove a product from your account in the Nest app
The instructions for removing a Nest product from your account are basically the same for most products. However, there are some important things to know when you remove certain products.
Important: If you’re planning to remove a Nest Protect, Nest camera, or Nest × Yale Lock, read the specific details below before removal.
Once removed from your account in the Nest app, your Nest Protect will still work, sounding an alarm if it detects smoke or carbon monoxide.
However, removing a Nest Protect from your account will limit your access to some of the features:
– You’ll no longer be able to view the last reported status of the Nest Protect in the Nest app.
– You won’t be able to adjust the settings to enable or disable features (like Pathlight).
– You’ll no longer receive notifications from the Nest Protect on your smartphone, tablet, or computer in the Nest app.
Each Nest Protect can be associated with one account in the Nest app at a time. If you want to move a Nest Protect to a new account, first remove it from the old account. Sign in to the Nest app > tap Settings > tap Add product and follow the instructions in the app.
Before removing your camera, there are a few things things you should keep in mind:
Important: After you remove a Nest Cam IQ (indoor or outdoor) from your account in the Nest app, do not unplug it right away. Wait until after it chimes and the light ring begins pulsing blue. If you unplug your camera before the light ring pulses blue, you will need to reset it to get it working again. See the article below.
How to restart or factory reset your Nest camera or Nest Hello:
– Removing a camera from your account in the Nest app will permanently delete all of that camera’s recorded Video History.
– As long as your account has one Nest camera or Hello added to it, all your saved video clips will be viewable on home.nest.com.
– If you’ve been invited to share control of a Nest home, you’ll be able to remove cameras from the home, but only the Owner of a Nest home can cancel a Nest Aware subscription.
– If you want to cancel the Nest Aware subscription for your camera, you can do it with the Nest app. You’ll be able to cancel the subscription even if you’ve already removed your camera from your account. For detailed instructions on cancelling Nest Aware subscriptions, see the article below.
How to cancel your Nest Aware subscription
After it’s removed from your account in the Nest app, your Nest × Yale Lock will still be able to lock and unlock your door, but only using passcodes previously set up with your account. You can also use the thumb turn inside your home.
Important: If you remove the Nest × Yale Lock from your account in the Nest app, you will need to do a factory reset in order to change settings on the lock itself, which will clear all of your previously set passcodes. You will then need to create passcodes using the lock’s keypad.
How to factory reset your Nest × Yale Lock:
By removing your Nest × Yale Lock from your account in the Nest app, you won’t have the ability to:
– Create or change passcodes using the Nest app
– Remotely lock and unlock your door using the Nest app
– View the last reported lock or unlock status
– Receive notifications, such as low battery, deadbolt extension and retraction issues, and tamper warnings
– Adjust some settings to enable or disable features, like setting a time to Auto-Lock
Each Nest × Yale Lock can be associated with one account in the Nest app at a time. If you want to move a Nest × Yale Lock to a new account, first remove it from the old account. Sign in with your new account > tap Settings > tap Add Product and follow the instructions in the app.
Important: If you’re planning to remove a Nest Protect, Nest camera, or Nest x Yale Lock, read the specific details above before removal. If you’re removing a camera, don’t unplug it until you’ve removed it from the Nest app.
Sign in to the Nest app.
– If you have another home, on the app home screen, tap the Menu icon in the top left corner. Then select the home that has the product you’d like to remove.
– On the app home screen, tap Settings .
– Tap the product you’d like to remove (For Guard, Detect and Tag, tap Security, then the product you’d like to remove).
– Scroll down and select Remove [product name].
– You’ll then be asked to confirm your choice.
– If you’re not going to use your Nest product again, make sure to do a factory reset. view the Nest product below for reset details.
Nest Cam IQ or Nest Hello
Note: Nest Cam Indoor and Outdoor can simply be removed from the account.
Nest × Yale Lock
If a Tag is lost, you can remove it from your account by following the instructions above to make sure no one else can use it to disarm Nest Secure.
Tags can also be temporarily disabled, or reassigned to someone else who also shares access to your Nest home.
For more details and complete instructions see the following article:
How to disable Nest Tag or remove it from your account
If you remove Nest Guard before removing Tags in your account, you can always find Tags that are currently assigned to yourself or other people a couple of ways:
– Tap Settings on the app home screen.
– Select Family and Guests.
– Tap the person who’s Tag you want to view or remove, then tap on their Tag.
Works with Nest products don’t show up in the Nest app, you typically need to control them with their own app. However, you can disable the connection to the Nest app. See the following article for detailed instructions.
How to remove a Works with Nest connection