I recently lost my internet connection, how do I get my connection back?
This article guides you through troubleshooting connection problems with your NETGEAR router in situations where you were previously able to browse websites, but you are no longer able to.
– Unable to access websites
– Internet LED symbol of the NETGEAR router is amber.
– No internet access on all devices.
To troubleshoot connection problems:
Note: Each of the steps is a separate attempt to fix the problem. If one steps works, you do not need to proceed with the other steps.
– Check the connection of your devices. Ensure that each connection is securely and tightly plugged in.
– Try to refresh your cable connection by power cycling your network. Please see How to Powercycle Your Home Network
– If power cycling did not work, download the latest firmware of your router at http://downloadcenter.netgear.com. After you have the downloaded the firmware, please see Upgrading your Router’s Firmware Manually
– If the above steps did not resolve your issue, you may need to reset your router. For instructions see Restoring a NETGEAR Router to Factory Default Settings