iPhone/iPad controller not connecting?
Some of the following steps require restarting devices and adjusting cables. If you find yourself performing these steps frequently, or you’re uncomfortable making these adjustments, please contact us.
If your Sonos controller for iOS can’t connect to Sonos, or is unable to add a Sonos product to an existing system, one of the following may be occurring:
– Your Sonos controller may not be connected to the correct WiFi network. Go to Settings -> WiFi on your device to confirm it is connected to your home WiFi network.
– The iOS device running the Sonos controller may need to re-connect to your WiFi network. Go to Settings -> WiFi on your device and toggle the WiFi off, and back on.
– Your router may not be correctly transmitting data on your home network. Try restarting your home router by unplugging the power cable for 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
– One or more Sonos products may not be receiving power. The status indicator light on the product will be illuminated if it is powered on. If the status indicator light is not illuminated, press the Play/Pause button on the product and the indicator light will begin to blink if the product is receiving power. If the status indicator light does not respond after pressing the button, check to ensure the power cable is properly inserted.
– Temporarily wire the Sonos product you are trying to add to your router with an Ethernet cable and attempt connecting to it again with your Sonos controller.
– You may need to restart the Sonos product you are trying to connect to. Unplug the Sonos product from power for 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Allow up to two minutes for the product to start back up, and try connecting to it again.
Still having trouble?
We can help. Let us know you’ve gone through these steps already, and we’ll take it from there.