Setting up Sonos One, or Beam with Alexa
Sonos One and Beam blend great sound with Amazon Alexa, the easy-to-use voice service, for hands-free control of your music and more. Use your voice to play songs while you cook. Tell Alexa to turn the volume up while you’re in the shower. You can even request a lullaby, out loud, when you’re tucking in the kids.
To set it up with Amazon Alexa, follow the steps below. If you run into any issues during setup, please see our troubleshooting section for additional help.
Which music services can I use with Alexa?
Music services need to be added to both Sonos and the Alexa app. The following services are currently supported:
– Amazon Music (Not available in Canada)*
– TuneIn Radio
– Pandora (Not available in the UK, Canada, or Australia)
– iHeartRadio (Not available in the UK or Canada)
– SiriusXM (Not available in the UK, Canada, or Australia)
*Amazon Music is available for streaming in Australia through Alexa on Sonos, but it is not available within the Sonos app.
What commands can I use with Sonos?
You can ask your Sonos One or Beam to play music from any of the supported music services, ask for the weather and traffic reports, and much more. You can also ask for music to be played to your other Sonos players by adding the name of the room to your command. For example:
– “Alexa, play Blondie in the bedroom.”
– “Alexa, play Lorde in the living room.”
– “Alexa, turn the volume up in the bathroom.”
– Use voice to group rooms or move the music to another room
– Use voice to access local music library
– Calling, drop-in and messaging
– Playing eBooks
– Receiving notifications
– Changing the Sonos One wake word
For a list of commands you can use with Sonos check our article: Controlling your Sonos with Amazon Alexa