Spotify and Sonos
|Control Sonos directly from the Spotify app, learn how in the Conrolling Sonos with Spotify app article|
Spotify is an online music service giving users the ability to stream music on demand to Sonos using Spotify’s unique technology. Spotify and Sonos will allow access to all of your existing Spotify playlists and their entire catalogue in every corner of your home.
– Your Daily Soundtrack: An ever-changing sampling of playlists to make sure you have the perfect music for any moment, day or night. Based on your time zone and updated around the clock.
– Top Lists: Region based playlists and discover trending content that spans multiple regions.
– Genres & Moods: Find a mix to match your mood.
– New Releases: Newly released albums.
– Your Music: Personal curated playlists and songs.
– Radio: Generate artist and song based radio stations while in the Sonos controller and save them to your Sonos favorites. You can initialize Spotify Radio from an Artist or Track search as described below.
|Spotify on Sonos supports explicit badging. This is an icon next to the track name which allows you to identify tracks with explicit content.|
Where is Spotify available?
American Samoa, Andorra, Anguilla, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Faroe Islands, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Honduras, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion Island, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (US), Wallis and Futuna Islands.
How do I control Sonos from the Spotify app?
You can control Sonos directly from the Spotify app by tapping on Devices Available on the Now Playing screen in the Spotify app.
– Open the Spotify app.
– Go to the Now Playing screen.
– At the bottom of the screen, tap Devices Available and select your Sonos speaker or group.
How can I group rooms using the Spotify app?
You will need to group rooms using the Sonos app. Once rooms are grouped together you can select that group from within the Sonos app.
What subscription level do I need to use Spotify on Sonos?
A Spotify Premium account is required to work on Sonos.
Can I use the Spotify app to control Sonos?
Yes. Learn more about controlling Sonos through the Spotify app in the Controlling Sonos with Spotify app article
What bitrate and format does Spotify stream in?
Spotify streams in 320kbps OGG format.
Why don’t I see my Spotify playlist folders?
Playlist folders are not supported in the current Spotify architecture that Sonos is using. But, while you won’t see the folders, you will still find the playlists from those folders directly under Playlists.
Why do I see more Saved Albums on the Spotify app or web player than I do in Sonos?
The albums displayed in Sonos controllers under Spotify > Your Music > Albums are full, saved albums only. By default, the Spotify desktop app and web player include all albums with at least one saved track. You can enable Spotify’s filter for Saved Albums Only (desktop) or Full Albums Only (web) to match what Sonos displays.
My Sonos audio is dropping out when I use Spotify. What can I do?
You can find some troubleshooting steps to solve this problem in this article: Audio playback stops or skips
How do I use Spotify Radio?
There are two ways to play Spotify Radio on Sonos. You can play Artist Radio and Track Radio. The steps below outline how to start a Spotify Radio stream on your Sonos system.
To listen to Artist radio, from the search results page select <artist name> Radio.
To listen to Track Radio:
– On iOS or Android: Press and hold on the track you wish to start playing radio from, and click More in the menu that opens up. Tap Start Radio.
– On Mac or PC: Right-click on the track > Info and Options > Start Radio.
How do I add Spotify to my Sonos?
Select the controller you are using for instructions on adding your Spotify account:
Sonos app for iOS or Android:
– From the More tab, tap Add Music Services.
– Select Spotify from the list.
– Select I already have an account.
– Tap on the displayed link and login to Spotify with your Facebook or Spotify account to allow Sonos.
Sonos app for Mac or PC:
– From the Music pane click Add Music Services.
– Select Spotify, and then click Next.
– Select I already have an account, and click Next.
– Click on the displayed link and login to Spotify with your Facebook or Spotify account to allow Sonos.
|Please note: After upgrading your Spotify account to premium, it can take up to 30 minutes for Spotify to recognize your upgraded status. For security reasons, after 60 days you will need to re-authenticate your Spotify account.|