Upgrading Netgear firmware using the Orbi App
To manually check for new firmware and update the firmware (if available):
– Connect your mobile device to your router’s network.
– Launch the Orbi app.
– Enter your router’s admin password and tap the SIGN IN button.
The dashboard displays.
– Tap the Menu icon at the top left.
– Go to Settings > Router Settings.
– Scroll down and tap Check for Updates. If you see Update Firmware instead, your router has new firmware available.
– Follow the onscreen instructions to update the firmware on your Orbi router.